Expert care for your pet’s oral health
As a specialty veterinary dentistry practice, we offer advanced dentistry and oral surgery services for dogs and cats, including:
∙ Periodontics, the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the gums and other structures that support the teeth. Treatment may include:
◦ Scaling or cleaning to remove plaque and calculus
◦ Root planing and subgingival curettage to treat root exposure or pockets
◦ Gingivectomy, the surgical removal of diseased or overgrown gums
◦ Periodontal flap surgery to eliminate pockets or cover exposed roots
◦ Tissue regeneration surgery to regrow bone and other attachment tissues in order to save teeth and prevent jaw fractures
∙ Tooth restoration, the area of dentistry that involves placing crowns and fillings, and repairing and reconstructing damaged teeth and roots
∙ Endodontics (root canal therapy), treatment of diseased or injured pulp (the delicate tissue inside the tooth)
∙ Oral surgery, which includes procedures to
◦ Remove cancerous tumors
◦ Repair jaw fractures
◦ Correct palate defects, such as cleft palate
◦ Perform difficult extractions
∙ Orthodontics to correct malocclusion (an improper bite that causes discomfort, affects chewing and increases the risk of jaw fracture)
∙ Imaging including digital (filmless) x-rays and cone beam computed tomography (CT) for highly accurate diagnosis and treatment planning
∙ Anesthesia performed by a full-time, board-certified veterinary anesthesiologist to ensure your pet’s safety and comfort
VDS is the only facility of its kind in the entire country. We are the only practice entirely dedicated to dentistry and oral surgery for pets and where a full-time board-certified veterinary dentist and full-time board-certified veterinary anesthesiologist are always on staff to ensure the best care and outcomes. For this reason there is no need to fear anesthesia. This ensures the safest, most comfortable experience for your pet.
Conveniently located in Mt. Laurel, NJ, you can count on VDS for Concierge-Care—an exceptional level of service and genuine caring for you and your pet that sets a new standard in delivering veterinary dental care.
Because superior service is our standard of care, and you and your pet deserve it.