Dr. Slava Eroshin is a native Russian and attended veterinary school in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. He developed a strong interest in veterinary dentistry early in his career and became one of the pioneers of the specialty in his home country. He subsequently completed his residency training in dentistry and oral surgery at Matthew J. Ryan Veterinary Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania under the mentorship of Drs. Alex Reiter and John Lewis, and successfully passed a rigorous examination to become a Diplomate of the American and European Veterinary Dental Colleges in 2010.
As an Assistant Professor, Dr. Eroshin built a successful clinical Dentistry and Oral Surgery Service at both the University of Tennessee and North Carolina State University, where he also developed a dentistry and oral surgery course. Passionate about teaching, he has presented numerous lectures locally and internationally. He continues to teach dentistry and oral surgery at Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine in Tennessee.
The areas of Dr. Eroshin’s clinical expertise include advanced oral surgery with a special interest in endodontics, maxillofacial trauma, oral cancer and exotic mammal dentistry.
Dr. Eroshin is an active animal welfare advocate. He spent extensive time in South Pacific volunteering for the Animal Protection Society of Samoa. Other notable volunteer projects include working with rescued large felids as a member of the Peter Emily International Veterinary Foundation, and the San Francisco SPCA.
Dr. Eroshin and his wife, also a veterinarian, have two children, three dogs, a cat and a horse. When he is not practicing veterinary medicine, Dr. Eroshin can be found exploring local trails with his children and planning his next family backpacking expedition. Dr. Eroshin is a unicyclist and a former competitive judo player. Dr. Eroshin is most proud of when his 3-year old son first learned to ride a bicycle.
Dr. Eroshin is excited to be back to the city where he first stepped onto American land.
• DVM - Saint-Petersburg State Academy of Veterinary Medicine, Russia, 1990-1995
Training and Certifications:
• Residency in Dentistry and Oral Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, 2006-2009
• Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates, 2011
• Diplomate - American Veterinary Dental College, 2010
• Diplomate - European Veterinary Dental College, 2014
• University of Tennessee, College of Veterinary Medicine
• Assistant Professor of Dentistry and Oral Surgery, 2015-2018
• North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine
• Assistant Professor of Dentistry and Oral Surgery, 2013-2015
• Aggie Animal Dental Service – Associate Veterinary Dentist, 2012-2013